Thanks once again to the City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs for supporting us through the Municipal Support for the Arts Program. This support helps us reach more children in the city by keeping our prices low and sometimes providing free programs for children experiencing homelessness (for example). They are also responsible for much of the new public art we’ve been seeing in the past few years!
Read on for more information about this wonderful program.
Municipal Support for the Arts
The Municipal Support for the Arts program is the City of Atlanta’s means of granting public funding to the arts. MSA awards contracts related to the production, creation, presentation, exhibition and management of artistic and cultural services in the city of Atlanta. The program recognizes that the presence of artists and non-profit organizations involved in the arts are critical to Atlanta’s cultural vitality. The arts enrich the creative development of the city’s diverse populations and contribute positively to the social and economic well being of Atlanta and the region. The goals of the MSA program are:
- To provide support for the existence and excellence of artists and arts organizations in Atlanta.
- To assist in the artistic development of the arts in Atlanta so that all citizens may participate in the diverse cultural life of the city.
- To develop the contributions of Atlanta’s culturally diverse communities.
- To ensure that the arts have broad geographic distribution and reach all segments of the population.
- To support a broad range of educational activities in the arts.
- To preserve the city’s artistic, cultural and historic heritage.
- To enhance neighborhood vitality and economic development through the arts.